Saturday, March 19, 2011

Billboard Hot 100, March 26, 2011

1. Born this Way - Lady Gaga

Lady Gaga spends a fifth week at #1 with "Born This Way," making it the longest consecutive run at #1 since Eminem's "Love the Way You Lie" featuring Rihanna, which spend 7 weeks at the pinnacle August, last year. While it's still #1, "Born" loses its bullet this week--droping considerably in sales but still gaining quite solidly in airplay, currently being blocked from #1 on top 40 radio by P!nk's "Fuckin' Perfect."

3. E.T. - Katy Perry feat. Kanye West

Pop singer Katy Perry climbs 5 spots up to #3 with "E.T." featuring Kanye West, making it the fourth consecutive top 5 from Katy Perry's Teenage Dream. Surely, this is going to be another #1 for the singer, which would make Perry the first artist in 8 years to land 4 consecutive #1's.

4. S&M - Rihanna
5. On the Floor - Jennifer Lopez featuring Pitbull

Rihanna's "S&M" falls a spot down to #4, however is still this weeks airplay gainer, while Jennifer Lopez stays bulleted at #5 with "On the Floor" featuring Pitbull.

9. Till the World Ends - Britney Spears

After it's first whole week of sales, Britney's new single "Till the World Ends" climbs 11 spots up to #9, scoring her 10th top 10 hit. While it seemed to have slowed down on sales, it's gaining quite considerably on top 40 radio.

7 comments:

rcLoy said...

Katy and RiRi new song doesn't make me go GaGa over it. Pass.

I never expect Born This Way to make such an impact but it does prove of her longevity eh? I'm growin more fond of it. It's a grower in some weird way. But the thing is, I still can't understand why Bad Romance didn't dominate the charts during its hey day~ Hm..

J.Mensah said...

Can I just say, I love you for commenting so much in my blog today lol.

Bad Romance should have been #1--but it blocked 'cause of fucking Kehsa (¬_¬) I swear to God, she fucks up everything.

rcLoy said...

I have too much free time yesterday afternoon. Gotta show some love to my faves blog.

I feel the same way about Ke-dolla-sign-ha. But these days, I guess since the spotlight is all on Gaga, I don't mind her taggin around. BTW you know about Rebecca Black's Friday?

J.Mensah said...

Yep! Front seat? Back seat? You just never know which one shell choose!

rcLoy said...

Gawd. I got stunned when I saw the video, the autotuned thingy is just too damn effin' shitty. I was thinking "what the fuck is this?" and why is this girl getting all the attention n 15million views on youtube. Seriously, it drives me nut in some way. And I think you should review about that song. HAHAHA

J.Mensah said...

I love how angry your getting about it. It's definitely one of the worst pop songs I've ever heard but People are telling the girl to go kill herself etc. Because of it, I feel sorry for her if anything... Which doesn't erase the fact that she still sucks lol

rcLoy said...

I'm confused about that more than anything. I saw those comments and it's definitely not nice, those cyber bully can be too critical about anyone that's trying to be famous. Guess you gotta develop some sort of a thick skin to survive in this industry eh? Ehem, thank god I'm not one. LOL