Tuesday, April 20, 2010

What I'm Listening To

I haven't done this in awhile. Here's what I've been listening to this lately:

OMG - Usher feat. Will.i.am. Raymond vs Raymond was a disappointment however with only a small handful of decent tracks, this lands atop of the pile. Nice piece of electro pop/R&B from the singer.

Memories - David Guetta feat. Kid Cudi. I like the orchestration and piano keys behind the bass line of this song. I think I prefer it more than "When Love Takes Over" and "Sexy Bitch" (which I wasn't crazy about anyway).

Until You Were Gone - Chipmunk feat. Esmee Denters. This the first song that has anything to do with Esmee Denters that I actually like (I didn't like the generic "Outta Here" or the obnoxious JoJo rip-off "Admit It"). It sounds awesome, I like it almost as much "Oopsy Daisy."

All Night Long - Alexandra Burke. I've really gotten into Alexandra Burke's debut album Overcome recently, I wasn't too sold on it last year. The albums third single "All Night Long" is awesome, embracing a cool clubby sound recalling the dance/pop of Chris Brown's "Forever."

Dirty Picture - Taio Cruz. I'm not a fan of Taio Cruz or the nobody featured on the song, but I like the piercing electronic romp of the song.

I Need You Tonight - Professor Green feat. Ed Drewett. Like Plan B, Professor Green has switched up his sound for a more commercial appeal, resulting in this funky INXS sampling tune.

Joshua Radin - I'd Rather Be with You. I like this song, it reminds me of some of the stuff Jason Mraz did for his third album We Sing We Dance We Steal Things. I like the guitat work too.

2 comments:

rcLoy said...

I feel exactly the same way about Esmee! :D But no doubt Until You Were Gone was so classy.
I'm not diggin' OMG though, it's a bit tried and done b4 *bored*

Mel said...

Actually haven't heard a lot of these, so thanks for giving me some homework. :) Still not digging Usher. The Chipmunk single is fun, but sounds...familiar. Not sure why. Very Euro. Of course I'm jeal.