Thursday, April 08, 2010

Billboard Hot 100, April 17, 2010

My excuse for the lack posts lately is that... I think I have writers block. Moving on swifty.

1. Rude Boy - Rihanna

In another pretty bleak week on the Hot 100, Rihanna's holds down the summit for a fourth week whilst the seven entereies below are also non-movers. Probably the most interesting thing to happen regarding the top ten this week is that Jason DeRulo returns to it, reboudning 11-9 with "In My Head."

As there's not much to talk about, over on the Billboard 200, Usher's new album Raymond vs. Raymond opens at #1 with a 329k haul, his third consecutive album to do so--although his lowest first week sales regarding the three; It's a huge drop from 1.1 million units Confessions moved in its first week. Usher's debut means, Justin Bieber is pushed down to #2 however becomes the first artist since the Beatles to sell more in the second week than their first... apparently.

4 comments:

rcLoy said...

I am genuinely excited about B.O.B's Nothing On You. I am. I deserves #1 for four consecutive weeks. Rude Boy don't :)

rcLoy said...

I mean IT deserves. This is what you get when you commenting 5 in the morning~ Ops~

ww_adh said...

Raymond v. Raymond isn't opening on a strong hit. Confessions had "Yeah," Usher's biggest hit, and his last album started with #1 hit "Love in This Club." "OMG" is the first single to really take off, although it's not even close to being as big as those yet.

Paul said...

Hope your writers block is cured soon :)