Monday, December 07, 2009

On My iPod This Week

Here's what I've been listening to this and last week on my iPod:

Cheryl Cole "3 Words." I don't own her album yet, however I'm buying the singles which have been pretty good so far. The title track pulses with synth, strings and keyboards, I like it a lot. I'll probably have the whole album after its singles run is over as I'm still not that interested right now.

The Saturdays "Ego." I've been listening to this for awhile now, serving as the second single from the Saturdays second album--It's probably their most interesting single since "Issues."

Mariah Carey "All I Want for Christmas is You." I made my annual "Xmas Playlist" yesterday night and this resides at the top the list, possibly the best pop-influenced Christmas song ever made. I'm really getting into the Jermain Dupri So So Def remix of the song featuring Bow Wow too, people don't seem to like that version, but I think it's pretty cool.

Timbaland & Nelly Furtado "Morning After." Lead single from Timbaland's forthcoming third solo-album. It sounds like everything on the last album with the rapid beats and synth but what are you going to do? It still sounds good.

Shakira "Did it Again." Surprisingly even after an X Factor performance this managed to still underperform, despite its commercial lackings I still really like this.

Lady GaGa & Beyonce "Telephone." Love the blend of poppy electronic and hood on this showcasing both Gaga and Beyonce's personalities perfectly.

Muse "Undisclosed Desires." Another track I've been listening to for awhile. Radio 1 have been all over this for the last couple weeks.

Alicia Keys "Doesn't Mean Anything." This had got me really excited for Alicia Keys' forthcoming fourth album. I loved it even more after her X Factor medley last week.

Chris Brown & Lil' Wayne "I Can Transform Ya." Yes, I'm actually listening to this and I rather like it--It's a pity he's singing it though.

4 comments:

rcLoy said...

Xcept for Gaga track, I am not diggin' most of the stuff you are diggin', is that a bad thing? Hmm :/

J.Mensah said...

Haha! Nope. Not the most exciting set of tracks I'll admit.

Paul said...

The Saturdays Ego is growing on me. And I love how All I Want For Christmas is the most perennial festive classic of recent times. It still feels fresh and amazing!

J.Mensah said...

The word Classic just springs to mind every time I hear that song! ;)