Monday, December 14, 2009

Joe McElderry "The Climb"

Joe McElderry was crowned the fifth X Factor winner last night, pulling in over 60% of the public votes as opposed to runner-up and personal favorite Olly Murs who racked up 40%. His debut single is a remake of Miley Cyrus' "The Climb," released as the theme for the Hannah Montana movie earlier this year. I think it's a horrid song choice and we will leave it at that. This is the first final I didn't vote for, in the past 3 years everyone I voted for always won.

3 comments:

Mel said...

Hmmm. Is he worth paying attention to? I didn't really care for Alex Burke, but I dig some of the record. The only XFactor winner I was jumping up and down about was Leona.

ww_adh said...

He sounded pretty good, but "The Climb" is a bad choice. It's sure to be #1 this week, but I bet it doesn't last as long at the top as the other victory singles.

Paul said...

i'm not sure what i can add that i haven't written in the mammoth x factor live blog i did! I think Joe is a dull winner, technically very good, but so lacking in everything x factor. I like the guy but him and that song together? Yawn fest. I've never had much luck with this competition - first year i wanted G4 to win (who went on to do well, so not too shabby there), then Shayne and Leona won, so i was happy. Leon - meh. I actually liked him when his debut came out but he too was quite boring and Joe will need to be careful he doesn't go down the same fame hole. Plus I wanted Same Diff to win that year! Alexandra - well i ended up really liking her, but i wanted JLS to win. In hindsight though I think both acts did really well with where they came in the competition. Bring on the Stacey solo albu,!