61. Franz Ferdinand - Franz Ferdinand (2004). Scottish alternative rock band Franz Ferdinand had a great debut, becoming a big UK seller as well as garnering critical acclaim for their different approach to alternative rock landing them their first hit with "Take Me Out." Essential track: "Darts of Pleasure"
62. Avril Lavigne - Under My Skin (2004). After the strict punk-rock sound on her first album, Avril Lavigne stripped down for her second delivering a more darker and mature set of aphotic pop/rock. Essential track: "My Happy Ending"
63. U2 - No Line On the Horizon (2009). Following a five year hiatus since their last album U2 furthered their status as one of the world's best rock bands with their twelfth album even despite not landing as many hits. Essential track: "No Line On the Horizon"
64. Evanescence - Fallen (2003). The wake of '03 saw a new era of Gothic rock emerging into the mainstream with its front-runners being Evanescence being its front-runners with their highly successful debut album. Essential track: "My Immortal"
65. Justin Timberlake - FutureSex/LoveSounds (2006). After the success of his debut after disbanding with N'Sync, Justin became the front-man in mainstream R&B and pop in '06 with his sophomore album showcasing a modern blend of electronic influenced pop and R&B earning him a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year. Essential track: "SexyBack"
66. Maroon 5 - Songs About Jane (2002). Illustrating their love of funk, pop and rock was Maroon 5 on their enticing debut, shaping the sound of mainstream pop/rock in '02. Essential track: "She Will Be Loved"
67. Foo Fighters - Echoes, Silence, Patience & Grace (2007). In Your Honor was a commercial and critical success however I didn't like it very much, it's follow up was much better, which wasn't critical or commercial success however did win the Grammy for Best Rock Album. Essential track: "The Pretender"
68. Madonna - Music (2000). Following her '90s electronica masterpiece Ray of Light, Madonna followed it up at the start of the decade with Music a solid pop album with some electronic flair however was less impressive than its predecessor, but still good. Essential track: "Don't Tell Me"
69. Kanye West - College Dropout (2004). Kanye West had a great start to his career, his debut didn't score any big hits but was a big-seller, was hailed upon critics as a masterpiece and received a Grammy for Best Rap Album. Essential track: "All Falls Down"
70. Green Day - 21st Century Breakdown (2009). After landing one of the decades best rock albums (which appears later), this year they followed it up nicely with an album just as good, further proving Green Day as one of the best rock bands of the decade. Essential track: "Know Your Enemy"