Thursday, April 15, 2010

Personal Airplay, April 15, 2010

TW LW Title - Artist
1 .... 1 .... Telephone - Lady Gaga feat. Beyonce (10 weeks @ #1)
2 .... 5 .... OMG - Usher
3 .... 2 .... Why Don't You - Gramophonedzie
4 .... 4 .... Opposite of Adults - Chiddy Bang
5 .... 9 .... Need You Now - Lady Antebellum
6 .... 3 .... Rude Boy - Rihanna
7 ... 10 ... On to the Next One - Jay-Z feat. Swizz Beatz
8 .... 6 .... Rock That Body - Black Eyed Peas
9 ... 11 ... Drop the World - Lil Wayne feat. Eminem
10 .. 14 .. Carry Out - Timbaland feat. Justin Timberlake

Lady Gaga's "Telephone" featuring Beyonce becomes the tenth song to spend 7 weeks or more atop my chart. It ties "Because of You" by Kelly Clarkson in 2nd with 10 weeks, just a week behind Britney Spears' 11 week span with "Toxic." Lady Gaga and Beyonce are already in the top ten with "Poker Face" (7 weeks) and "Crazy in Love" (9 weeks) respectively.

1. Toxic - Britney Spears (11 weeks)
2. Because of You - Kelly Clarkson (10 weeks)
3. Telephone - Lady Gaga feat. Beyonce (10 weeks)
4. Crazy in Love - Beyonce feat. Jay-Z (9 weeks)
5. Hips Don't Lie - Shakira (9 weeks)
6. Hero - Enrique Englasias (8 weeks)
7. Your Beautiful - James Blunt (8 weeks)
8. Lose Yourself - Eminem (7 weeks)
9. Poker Face - Lady GaGa (7 weeks)
10. Can't Get Your Out of My Head - Kylie Minogue (7 weeks)

5 comments:

ww_adh said...

I have a question for you...Would you say people your age are generally familiar with Madonna's "Vogue" as well as its video? Glee has done a remake of the video (with Sue in the Madonna role), and I'm curious to what extent teens would be familiar with the original. Not that I expect you to speak for all teens, but I'm interested in your opinion.

J.Mensah said...

Not really, I think people my age are more familiar with the song than the video (They sometimes use it adverts here) however unless your a die-hard fan, I doubt people my age would be familiar with the video. But I think the fact that Glee's remade it might make people more familiar with it. (Hell, even I'm not that familiar with it lol)

Paul said...

step away from the lady gaga!! Hehe. Although i totally approve of Alejandro. Something about that ace of base rip off warms my heart :)

J.Mensah said...

I'll step away from the gaga when I find a song good enough to replace her, so far there's only "OMG."

A1 said...

Ahh Telephone deserves 12 weeks!
And I approve of "Toxic" because Cathy wrote, but it is a damn good song, Britney's first #1 for me...anyway OMG is only worthy of a Top 20 placing :)
Omg Vogue defined pop in 1990!!..its moments like these I'm glad i was around as a teen then!