Sunday, April 05, 2009

Eoghan Quigg's debut album


Irish singer, Eoghan Quigg (pronounced Owen Quigg) came in third place (behind winner, Alexandra Burke and male-group, JLS) on the UKs biggest talent show X-Factor, which discovered british pop sensation Leona Lewis, now he's ready to release his eponymous debut album. 

The single "28,000 Friends" is currently receiving minimal airplay in the UK --It's strangely not proving that popular here (from what I can tell anyway)-- The songs a tad too cheesy for me, but that's the most of its downfalls as it does its job, appealing to its set audience --young teenage girls and young boys and girls who don't know any better.   

According to the track-list Play.com have put up, Eoghan Quigg only has 1 original song --the single-- the rest are covers which is a bit disappointing, but expected. I can't be bothered to research to tonight, so here are the obvious covers I can pick out: High School Musical ("We're All In The Together"), McFly's ("All ABout You"), Jonas Brother's ("When You Look Me The Eyes", I love this song) and Michael Buble's ("Home"). 

The album hits stores tomorrow. Will I be buying? probably not --I expect it to be very corny and kiddish, which wouldn't help my struggle to move from listening to kiddish pop music to adult contemporary. 

4 comments:

Ken said...

I'm utterly expecting something like Same Difference from Eoghan. He's just so teenage. I hate it.

J.Mensah said...

LOL! kinda agree

I decided not to buy it.

ww_adh said...

He looks 12.

J.Mensah said...

LOL!