Thursday, April 09, 2009

Billboard Hot 100, 11/04/09

1. Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
2. Lady GaGa - Poker Face

As I predicted, Black Eyed Peas score their first U.S. #1 with their 'comeback' single "Boom Boom Pow", which I've grown to love. I still find it hard to imagine that their previous singles, like ("Don't Phunk With My Heart", "Hey Mama" and especially "Where Is The Love?") never managed to nab the top spot. "Pow" raked up to 465,000 downloads, which fueled its 38 spot rise to the top, knocking Lady GaGa's "Poker Face" only down a notch to #2 --which could see to the top spot again-- after the digital sales of "Pow" die down next week.

7. Kid Cudi - Day 'N' Nite

Kid Cudi earns his first U.S. top 10 with his debut single "Day 'N' Nite" rising 11-7 this week. I've heard the American version of the song and I really don't like it, I prefer the UK "Crookers" remix. The song is also sales gainer of the week.

18. Beyonce - Halo

Beyonce scores her 13th top 20 single with "Halo" (although at top 40 radio, it's still pacing outside the top 20). At the moment I'm very uninterested at how well "Halo" will do. I'm looking forward to see how "Brokenhearted-Girl" will fare.

21. Britney Spears - If U Seek Amy

How is this still outside the top 20? Britney's "If U Seek Amy" is #15 at top 40 radio and #15 on the iTunes Top 100, so this is a weird position to end up at, but any-hoo, as Billboard noted, it's good to see Britney rising up the chart the old-fashioned way, airplay and steady sales-- her last 2 singles owe their success to large one-week digital sales.

No comments: