Depending on wether you count Leona Lewis's, "Bleeding Love", and Coldplay's, "Viva La Vida", as ballads, actual contemporary ballads seem to be struggling to be reaching the top spot these-days, I would've thought it woulda been easier these days, especially with the help of digital sales helping literally any track reach the top spot. Analyzing the top 10 now, it seems, it's true generally people seem to be all about upbeat rather slow and tepid.
- Beyonce - Single Ladies = Extremely upbeat
- T.I. and Rihanna - Live Your Life = Fairly upbeat
- Lady GaGa - Just Dance = Extremely upbeat
- Kanye West - Heartless = Not too slow, but not as upbeat neither
- Britney Spears - Womanizer = Electro-pop, extremely upbeat
- Katy Perry - Hot N Cold = Extremely upbeat
- Taylor Swift - Love Story = Fairly upbeat.
- Kanye West - Love Lockdown = Sure it's slow, but it's not a ballad.
- Beyonce - If I Were A Boy = Very slow, but you wouldn't count it as your casual contemporary ballad.